Why a doctor?


A doctor seems to be visualized as a wealthy people with big money, big houses, big cars, healthy family and a great job in most common thoughts - people. I also have the same thoughts regarding this since I was in primary school. Maybe some would says that I probably a materialistic but this were what I got during that time. So, when I was a child, the most common essay a teacher had ask me to do is entitled with "My Ambition" and Yes! I wrote about Doctor. Each grades I entered during my primary school, most teachers will ask the most common question, "What is your ambition or your dream job?", then I quickly stood up and shouted full of spirit, "I want to be a doctor! teacher". Since then I always come up with a Doctor, a Doctor and a Doctor. Both of my parents also supporting me as much as they could from financial to moral support. But I never thought that behind Being a Doctor, lies many responsibilities that I need to carry on my shoulder, Lives of Patients. I've spoke to a doctor which makes me remember each of his words, started with; "Why do u want to be a doctor? Is it about money, parents or your truly interest? If it's all about money, don't dream for it because you'll never get rich and satisfy with what you have. If it's because of your parents ambition, not yours, you'll better stop now and if it's because of your truly interest, it's still not enough. You need to find more because saving someones life is not saving someone from death but saving someone to recover". When I was an asasian in UiTM Shah Alam, I've once give up on to be a doctor with not-so-excellent performance and start thinking of a another profession but I don't know how, my life is put in HIS way, praised to Allah S.W.T. I'm really grateful for being here in Makassar where I hope I can learn more about this noble job and at the same time I know what is a Doctor means by side of me myself and public views. As time goes by, I hope to grow up with big, positive perspective and full of responsibility. Hopefully, each movement I've done, HIS blessings always be with me until I finish what I'm searching for. I hope this is what I really want to, To Serve for the Nation, Keep Poverty and Sickness away. It is not hard to have a big dream but It is hard to make it done perfectly. Like the word said, 'It is easier to be said than done'. Though I know that Allah is always with me and Stand by Me; My family, relatives, teachers and friends - Those are my Great supporters.

Comments

  1. GOOd LucK AzuRin in medic!! woHoooO!!!!! May Allah Bless. AMin ya rabb!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts